Crispy, tasty chicken pieces stir-fried with generous amount of dried chillies and Sichuan pepper, Chilli chicken is a classic delicacy not to miss. Master chef John Zhang shows you tips on making this chicken recipe that’s simply scrumptious.
Get the full recipe in the description below.
#chillichicken #chickenrecipe #chinesecooking
Originating from Chongqing city, Chilli chicken is popular nationwide in China. Vibrant in color and sharp in taste, it’s a classic delicacy not to miss.
Subscribe for more awesome Chinese recipes:
【The Ultimate Chilli Chicken by Masterchef 】 Recipe
A. Chichen and Marinate:
1 whole Chicken
2 tablespoons corn starch
1/4 cup Shaoxing rice wine
1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper powder
salt to taste
B. Chilli and mix
40g dried chillies, or to taste
1 cup water
30g sesame seeds
1 tablespoon custard powder
1/4 cup sweet rice flour
1 cup corn starch
salt to taste
C. Stir Fry
5g minced garlic, finely chopped
10g red chilli pepper, sliced
10g onion, sliced
10g green onion, sliced
Chef John’s chili oil
1 tablespoon peppercorn powder
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon Shaoxing rice wine
salt to taste
white pepper to taste
1. Cut the chicken into bitesize cubes. Mix with all A ingredients. Marinate for 20 minutes (or longer if you wish).
2. While waiting, prepare the dried chilli. Break each one into half then remove the seeds.
3. Soak the chilli in water. Repeat 2~3 times to reduce the heat/spiciness. Mix the chilli wiht all B ingredients.
4. Heat up 3 cups of oil over a low heat. When the temperature reaches 30°C / 86°F, gently slide in peanuts. Fry for 2 minutes(when the edges of the peanuts lightly brown) and drain from the wok.
5. Continue heating up the oil until reaching 80-100°C / 176-212°F, put mixture B and fry for 1 mintue then take out.
6. Slide the mixture A marinated chicken in the oil, and fry for 2 miniutes until golden.
7. Remove the chicken from the oil. Continue heating up the oil. Put the chicken back in when the oil reaches 180°C / 356°F. Fry for 1 minute then take out.
8. Leave about 1 tablespoon of oil in the wok. Stir fry garlic, red chilli pepper, onion, green onion over a medium low heat for 1 minute. Add fried peanuts and mixture B. Stir in chicken pieces. Add the rest ingredients in ingredient C list. Give everything a quick stir then dish out.
More satisfying chicken recipes: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL00a0G6_TRLWhGuQo5Tm1r1_595uY38wO
Are you a foodie craving Chinese food? Look no further.
Here we have the best Chinese recipes, prepared by award-winning chefs to showcase authentic, traditional Chinese cooking.
Whether you want to know how to make Chinese dishes at home, or learn how to master cooking with a wok, we’ve got you covered. .
Looks great, but no bone please!
Hi I'm from Pakistan.love your cooking skills.
I was going to cook this, just wanted to cofrm the frying temperature for the peanuts – 30 C? seems very low
I’m gonna hack up my chicken like that the next time I make fried chicken. Yum.
Any halal alternative for cooking wine??
Real chilli chicken awesome
Amooooooo!! Queria comer pessoalmente !!kkkk lindo demais !!!
We dont get this cooking wine in india..?
I want to see Chef Jon (that's ur name right ) and Chef Ramsay to cook along side ??
I am allergic to egg and soy sauce but love chilli chicken so much please make a video without this two ingredients
Do you know
Chilli chicken is indian dish
Custard powder? ?
What is the music called?
Wow ? amazing
So tasty chilli chicken ? Thanks chef John for recipes ??
gonna try this today … and will pretend I have the background music and the slow mo too for motivation hahahaha
3:58 is the most satisfying moment to watch.
What a great recipe!
My Mouth Is watering
Lots of love from Bangladesh ????
Please Collab with how to basic.❤️
sambel korek mania mana suaranya
Really awesome……… ???????…
To all those restaurants in India who cheats saying, what they make is the chilli chicken, please learn from him …
Chef made oli what is this
Chef you are amazing cooking………. ??
https://youtu.be/Hg2lLQT8kdE watching this……. Please? don't forget…….
I'm watch this but in reality ? I just warm up my instant noodles cup. lol
Can we boil those dry chill instead of water changing process
As my dream is cooking, these videos makes me wanna embrace the culinary arts more.
Love it chef looks yummy
Ultimate chilli chicken by ultimate chef
Very nice good chief thank