Check out these 10 doughy dumpling designs to try at home! Let us know what your favorite dumpling design is in the comments below! For more doughy inspiration, cake decoration, and innovative recipes subscribe to So Yummy!
Check out our cookbooks for fun and easy dessert ideas http://bit.ly/2WB2wzS
Subscribe to So Yummy: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH8NnRkxQg1zX7mHFRPq73g?sub_confirmation=1
About So Yummy:
So Yummy brings you fun food ideas and recipes for your cooking and baking adventures. We believe that home cooking should always be fun, interesting, and easy to do! Enjoy our collection of fun and easy food tutorials! With recipes ranging from healthy dinners to sugary sweet delights, there are a plethora of creative options to spice up your home cooking.
#SoYummy #Dumpling #StayHome
30-35 dumpling wrappers
2 ¼ cups flour
¾ cup warm water (between 110-120°F)
Pinch of salt (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, combine the flour and warm water until it becomes shaggy. With your hands, knead the shaggy dough inside the bowl until it comes together to form a ball. Cover the bowl with a damp towel and let rest for 15 minutes.
2. After resting, transfer the ball of dough onto a clean surface and knead firmly until it becomes smooth and elastic (about 2-4 minutes.) Cover with a damp cloth and rest again, for 30 minutes.
3. After the second rest, take your thumb and press firmly into the center of the dough ball. Using both hands, begin to squeeze and stretch the dough until you create a big donut shape with a large hole in the center.
4. Slice the “donut” into even pieces of desired size. Keep covered with a damp cloth, and when ready to use, roll pieces out individually into thin wrappers. (Optional: Trim wrappers using a large circle cookie cutter, for a clean edge.)
5. Fill the wrappers with desired filling, and fold to form designs of your liking! Cook, eat, and enjoy.