Chinese Fried Crispy Wontons (Chinese Style Cooking Recipe)
Welcome to Xiao’s Kitchen. My name is Xiao Wei, ever since my Mother taught me how to cook at an early age, I have always had a strong passion for Cooking. My family still live in Inner Mongolia in the northern part of China, where I visit each year and pick-up new Asian/Chinese recipes.
20 Wonton Wrappers
200g Minced Pork
50g Soaked Tree Fungus
2 Spring Onions
1 Tsp Ground White Pepper
1 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Cooking Wine
1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 Tsp Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp Cooking Oil
1 Tsp Sesame Seeds
Salt To Taste
1. Finely chop the spring onions and ginger
2. Place the minced pork in a mixing bowl
3. Add half the chopped spring onion, ginger, salt, ground white pepper, oyster sauce, soy sauce, cooking wine and cooking oil
4. Mix all ingredients together, leave to marinate
5. Meanwhile, boil 500ml of water in a saucepan, blanch celery for 2 minutes
6. Remove celery from pan, drain and cool
7. Finely chop the celery
8. Finely chop the soaked tree fungus
9. Add the celery and tree fungus into the meat mixture
10. Add sesame oil and mix well – this is the Wonton filling
11. Take one sheet of the Wonton wrapper, place a Tsp of the filling in the centre of the wrapper
12. Fold the wrapper in half, apply gentle pressure to seal the edge
13. Bring the two outside corner downwards till they meet, apply gentle pressure to seal them together
14. Place onto dusted surface or dish, repeat with the rest
15. Brush oil lightly in a frying pan
16. Place wonton in the frying pan one at a time – keep a small gap in between
17. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes till the bottom of the wontons are light brown
18. Add boiling water to the level of 1/3 of the wonton
19. Cover the pan with a lid, cook on medium heat till the fluid has gone
20. Remove the lid, sprinkle with spring onion and sesame seeds, cook for another minute
21. Transfer to a dish and enjoy
Thanks for watching, if you would like my latest recipes, you can subscribe, its free, and you’ll be kept up-to-date with all my Asian recipes:
Chinese Healthy Recipes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3a-Jm13gXk&list=PL4Er2BGyNaLjvCFhqXrB35tz9-InFSQXP
Traditional Chinese Recipes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdzkNAPGjrI&list=PL4Er2BGyNaLjMTS_-geoOU_EFgZ0Q2YP6
Chinese Special Recipes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-519fv28ds4&list=PL4Er2BGyNaLiRFHVabibpcXLK-RqWypl6
Chinese Stir-Fry Recipes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5G6yQVE9BQ&list=PL4Er2BGyNaLjVxvESKkBtqtK-2OrdxHN4
Popular Chinese Recipes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uamJTH5HKNk&list=PL4Er2BGyNaLjHaOn8PJice_umWPhbvWcs
Chinese Vegetarian Recipes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CuzUjLx6Vs&list=PL4Er2BGyNaLjv3tvOj_EfMlpjIgGsxmmp
New Asian Recipes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL10074H11k&list=PL4Er2BGyNaLji3pUXqHBTPpz_O0TdK2-O
Chinese Tasty Cuisine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_CJHP92kdo&list=PL4Er2BGyNaLiK4CyB1M_Va3ed70Z2VzMn
Quick & Easy Chinese Recipes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKqM_q0yDl0&list=PL4Er2BGyNaLhqSFmoMJJ0y9wKJGJhn26l
Chinese Rice & Noodle Recipes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANZgL3ybANc&list=PL4Er2BGyNaLgWU6fXpEeqIZacU5hg7xJf
Chinese Fish & Seafood Recipes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-MUy13FcBk&list=PL4Er2BGyNaLgJx4VAae1el2NCclhTmLQ5
Chinese Lunch Box Recipes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr7E4q-Fy68&list=PL4Er2BGyNaLh1pSmqFTsj9-je9ybn4Nuo .
Love all your vids but I’ve saved this URL for the catchy tune. I’ve played it many times. Xiao, you are gorgeous & I loved you tour of Inner Mongolia. Best!
I love the way you chop up veggies and your other techniques. I will be able to make these OK. Don't see any tricky instructions here. I prefer the pork so thanks for the great video.
Wontons are very delicious! Thank you for sharing. Will definately learn how to prepare them. Super?
Your cooking of wanton are unique just wonder how it taste like.
you have one of the best cooking channels.
I really do love to watch your video because it is important to realize how cook the right way
You are so very Sweet and special person to me
You are so very beautiful and pretty and sweet person and I really don't know how much I care about watching your videos thank you so much my baby amen
Many blessings to you always n forever amen