This video shows you how to make Chinese dumplings from scratch.
Here are what you will watch:
– Two classic dumpling filling recipes, one with pork and Chinese cabbage (Napa cabbage), and the other with chives.
– How to make the dumpling wrappers. (You can use the store-bought one to save time).
– A foolproof method to wrap the dumplings.
– Two ways to cook the dumplings.
(Please read the full information at my blog: https://tasteasianfood.com/chinese-dumplings/ )
The wrapper (A)
250g (8.8 oz/ 2.8 cups) all-purpose flour
140ml (0.6 cups) warm water
The filling (pork and chives) (B)
250g (8.8 oz) minced pork, with 20% fat
150g (5.2 oz) Chinese chives
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp Shaoxing wine
1/4 tsp ground white pepper
1/2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp cornstarch
– Mix A in a bowl, then transfer to a table and knead for 10 minutes or until the surface is shiny and smooth. Cover and set aside for 2 hours.
– Roll out the dough. Divide it into three equal portions, and then each one is subdivided into ten smaller portions.
– Roll each portion into a ball, then flatten it to become a disc.
– Roll each disc into a thin circle.
– Mix B together, then slam the mixture into the bowl repeatedly until it becomes a springy paste.
– Wrap a tablespoon of the filing with the wrapper. Please refer to the video for the simple method I use.
– Version 1; Add some finely chopped ginger to the vinegar.
– Version 2: Mix one tablespoon of vinegar, one teaspoon of light soy sauce, and half a teaspoon of sesame oil.
– Version 3: Mix one tablespoon of vinegar with a quarter teaspoon of Szechuan chili oil.
Making boiled dumplings
– Place the dumplings into the boiling water over medium heat, one by one. Stir occasionally.
– After three to four minutes, the dumplings will start to float to the top. Transfer the dumplings to a bowl immediately, and serve.
– Add some oil to a frying pan.
– Arrange the dumplings in the pan.
– Fill up the pan with water enough to cover half of the dumplings.
– Cover the pan with a lid and cook it over medium heat.
– Remove the lid when most of the water has evaporated after a few minutes.
– The oil in the pan will start to pan-fried the bottom of each dumpling.
– When the bottom has turned color, remove and serve.
Cabbage and scallion filling:
200g Chinese cabbage
2 tsp salt
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp Shaoxing wine
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp minced ginger
30g chopped scallion
1 tbsp oil
#ChineseDumplings #Guotie #锅贴 #水饺 #PotSticker #饺子
Tweets by KwanKaPang